Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A New Apartment (sort of)


So Jake is finally here! Yes! He got here last Friday, and it's been a whirlwind ever since (kind of). On Saturday, Jake, my classmates, and I went to Howe Caverns to explore...considering I organized it, I felt like Jake and I had to go, even though I knew he'd driven about 12 hours the day before. It was really cool though, and although the guide's stories and jokes about rock formations were less than thrilling because her deliverance bordered on awful, and the car trip was a blast...Speeding up before going up hills was also a thrill, everyone in my car, including myself, sat in constant fear that the Dragon wouldn't make it...thankfully, it did.

Other than Howe Caverns, Jake got all of his things moved into the apartment, so it's looking great and finally has some personality, which was apparently lacking, which I realized when he moved in all of his things. The bathroom is also more "manly" now...I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, haha. I guess as long as it means he's here I can't complain!

Lovely sink and knives...
On Saturday night we went to the bar with some of my CGP classmates, and Jake somehow got talked into running a 5K the next day, so he was a trooper and followed through while I had to work. Apparently he ran pretty well, he was even surprised with how he did!

Like I said, the apartment's looking good, but if anyone has an empty knife block they'd like to contribute to our cause, it would be more than welcome! If you see the picture below of the popcorn box, don't worry, we're not popcorn hoarders, we just needed somewhere to keep our knives...
Part of the living room


No comments:

Post a Comment