Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Stinky Halloween

Hi all,

So, I ended up deciding to be a skunk for halloween. Classy, I know. But hey--you have to take into account a grad student budget, sheer laziness, and reality. I'm no longer in college, and even when I was, I didn't get into the whole super-skanky Halloween thing, so that part was easy. Unfortunately, I'm used to living with other ladies, so this year when I didn't have Aubree helping decide on a theme, and then guiding me towards a costume, I was at a loss. (Aubree is also the reason my apartment has very very white walls, and not much decoration...)
See, museum kids are fun!

Anyways, a few of us first years hung out, then we went over to the house where most of the second years live, which was awesome. Lots of great costumes. Jake had originally suggested I be a Chilean miner, but I was glad I didn't go with that because I wouldn't have been good competition for the guy wearing only an orange vest and looking very mine-dirty..he pulled it off a lot better than I ever could have. Instead, I wore black leggings, a black hoodie (courtesy of Walmart, $12), and got a tail and ears which I decorated with a white stripe. I was actually shocked by the packaging of the ears/tail ensemble--all that were left were kids costume parts, and the 8 year old on the cover was posing a bit seductively for my taste...anyways.

Below are a couple pictures, courtesy of my friend Eva's facebook, one is from the day we went apple picking and bought pumpkins. I hate to admit it, but I never got around to carving my pumpkin this year. Sad. It's still sitting in the backseat of my car, waiting for me to cut it open and bake those seeds. mmmm

Some awesome first years
Eva, Julie and I apple picking!

No comments:

Post a Comment