Monday, September 20, 2010

It's been awhile

Hi all,

Sorry it's been awhile since the last post...I thought there was a lot of reading to do in college, ah!

Everything here is going well--I've been really sick the past few days, but other than that things have been going well. I'm lucky that my boss at Savor NY here is a sweetheart--I went home from work yesterday and she called to make sure I didn't need anything! It's nice to know I have "parents" away from home :)
Upside down street sign...on Main Street...

Other than that, another week has gone by in a blur. Class all week, worked all day on Friday, then was "voluntold" to work at Harvest Festival at The Farmers' Museum, so I worked with kids on playing old-time games and trying to get apples off of hanging wooden pegs. Watching kids with no front teeth trying to do it was hilarious! After that, we had a "game night" at someone's house, so a bunch of us got together there and went out for a bit afterwards. Kind of cool--while at Cooley's we me the owner of Ommegang Brewery--a local brewery, so that was neat.

Tonight, we have a class meeting about our semester long project. We're working with a local historical society to figure out if they should work to get their own building for a museum, or if they should be a program-oriented non-profit; kind of a consulting thing. Great experience, but lots of work!

Tomorrow, Glee's second season starts, so I think Emily and I are going to make some more vegan cupcakes and enjoy them during some singing and dancing...here's a picture from last week when we made some cupcakes for a class garden party--we made "Elvis" cupcakes, with banana cupcakes, peanut butter frosting, and banana chips, which were SO good! On to chai this week perhaps...

Anyways, on to finish my museum leadership paper, then do some more reading. It's been so nice out here that I have a couple windows open, but I wonder how much longer I'll be able to do that...

1 comment:

  1. I thought you hated playing board games? Also your cupcakes sound yummy! -Aubree

    ReplyDelete