Wednesday, September 1, 2010

research week = I need to figure out my thesis topic? WHAT?!

Hi all,

Haven't written in a few days--it's research week, which means class and research and reading and listening to how to research (wait, didn't we ALL learn this in undergrad?!) from 9-5 everyday. Then we have about 100 pages of reading to do for the next day, in addition to filming/editing our class orientation video that all of the NY State Historical Association heads are going to see on 9/15. Joy..

Anyways, it's been a pretty good week besides the longevity of it all, and besides the fact that they're pressuring all of us to find a thesis topic. Unfortunately, my idea for my thesis doesn't work for the research prospectus we have to do right now, so I'm having trouble finding inspiration for the project I have to work on right now. Thankfully though, I did start thinking of a topic for my thesis: How effective are different methods of "forcing" or coercing people to assume identities or understand the experiences of the people(s) depicted such as those in the Holocaust or Civil Rights museum? A little ambiguous still, but I'm working on it.

Other than that, Emily's moving into my building for sure now, because there are mice in the house she's renting, and there's mold and the oven's broken and the landlord won't fix it...interesting. Anyways, it'll be nice to have a friend in the building, though I have started to REALLY embrace my alone time.  That could or could not be a good thing for Jake, haha.

Miss everyone, and love,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment