Sunday, September 26, 2010

It's all relative

As I'm writing this I'm listening to a super relaxing song that Jake put on a CD he made me before I left...if only I knew the name, I could complete my album!

View from the boat
Anyways, it's been a good, yet busy week. Classes all week, a professional seminar on Friday, a full day of shopping Saturday, and work all day today. The professional seminar was interesting, but it could've been over in 3 hours, instead of the 7 or so we were there...you can only talk about technology and oral history for so long before minds begin to wander. Afterwards though, a few first and second years all went on a ferry ride on the lake, and it was beautiful! The leaves in the mountains are changing, and it's so incredibly picturesque.

 One of these days I'm going to try and make time for a hike, though I have absolutely no idea when I'll actually find time. I think part of the problem is that I always over-think how long things (aka homework) will take me, and I don't take time to enjoy the smaller things. Point taken, self...

So, another big thing (this is pathetic) was organizing my shoes this week...I finally bought a shoe rack, and it's changed my life.
Before...

After! 
So besides my unhealthy excitement with my shoe rack, life is pretty low key. Mad Men will be on in about 40 minutes, and until then I'll probably hang out in the apartment with my chocolate and sit on the couch: see a typical post-homework life below. Chocolate, unhealthy amounts of tea, candles, and crime dramas...living alone and watching crime dramas probably hasn't been my best life choice. Lately, my door creaks at night, so I've put a chair against my bedroom door. Am I 5 years old?



More soon,
Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment